2000€ Blender PC Build Project - Need Help !

Hey,
i really don`t now anything about building a PC and i am coming from MAC. Now im here to hope for some help and maybe make this thread a good information source for others !

I use Blender for mainly big Print Renderings, as well for Animations or Simulations. So i guess i need high Power on CPU, GPU and RAM if i got that right. I usually am working with a new MAC Pro and would like to build a faster PC for around 2000€ since it isn’t my personal mac i can use at any time.

Now two main questions popt up after searching for Blender PC`s:

-The Pro and Cons on two or one CPU ?
-and the Pro and Cons on one or two grafic cards ?

Here is what i got together and would like to here what you guys think about this setup, or if someone has parts he could recommend:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K "Haswell-E" 289€

CPU Cooler:
Enermax ETS-T40-TB
35€

Grafics Card:
2X EVGA Geforce GTX 760 FTW ACX Cooler (1x DVI-I, 1x DVI-D, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort)
290€+290€

Power Supply
be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W
212€

Case:
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
90€

Storage SSD:
Samsung 840 EVO 2,5" 500GB SSD, SATA 600
205€

Storage:
Western Digital WD40EFRX 4TB SATA 600, WD Red
163€

Main Memory:
G.Skill DIMM 16GB DDR4-2400 kit, F4-2400C15Q-16GRR, Ripjaws 4 Red
239€

Mainboard:
MSI X99S SLI PLUS. Mainboard Sound GLAN SATA3 USA 3.0 M.2 SATAe
200€

• about 2.077€

It would be great if someone could help me out !

You’re paying an unnecessary amount for ddr4 ram. For rendering, your ram speed doesn’t matter that much. You can save over 100 euros getting the same amount of 1800mhz ddr3 ram and you wont notice much of a difference at all with blender. I would also just stick to something like a 4770k for the cpu and just a 2tb secondary hard drive. There’s always room for later expansion. With the money saved there you could stretch to two gtx980’s which gives you 8gb of VRAM which with cycles and its rapidly expanding GPU support for almost everything, would mean you could render on your gpus (hence no need for an expensive 6 core cpu).
At the end of your day, it’s your money, but that’s what I would change.

I agree ddr4 is overkill. However, with two high end GPUs, you may want to consider getting a beefier power supply, or at least find one with a VERY reliable 12v rail. You could also probably score a Corsair self-contained water cooler for your CPU for that price. I have the 120mm version and it keeps my 4970k running nice and cool even while rendering overnight.

Hi, two things, don´t buy these old cards for this prize, you can get a GTX 970 for 310-330 €.
I use GTX 760 4 GB and it is fine but I pay 270 € one year ago.
VRAM is not added with two or more cards so 2 x 4 GB cards are 4 GB for cycles.
Not all features are supported on GPU.
As Words mention, you can save a lot of money if you buy not the newest/latest CPU/Board/RAM hardware.

Cheers, mib