Newbie needs help with very basic (I suppose) UV Unwrapping problem...

Hi ~ Well I got myself a bit stuck, here, and I am again turning to my built-in panel of experts…

For some reason I can’t seem to find why I can’t get my extremely simple cube object to unwrap in the UV editor window. There must be some setting that I hit that is messing things up (??) - I load a simple cube into the 3D window, tab into edit mode, make sure it’s selected, hit U, U - which should make it unwrap. But I look at the UV editor, and nothing is there.
I am familiar with how to mark the seams, etc. – but NOTHING happens. And also - maybe this is a clue about what’s going on: the grid in the UV editor window is stretched horizontally, as opposed to being square.

I’m thinking what I probably did was make some setting at some point (which I can’t now find, then saved this setting in my startup file, because if I load the factory settings startup file, everything works fine…

THANK YOU kindly for any help with this…!

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Basics & Interface”

If the Image Editor window currently shows the Render Result, delete it with the X button next to its name. The render result over rides the uv editing window

Y E S !!! That did the trick! Thank you Richard!!