direct X model (x file) export issue

Hello dear blenderheads,

I decided to post my problem in this forum, because i think a lot of you have maybe also some worries with direct x models.

I need x-files for an animation software, which drawing is completly build on directx9 (sorry if this is not technically correct, but i hope you get my point).

I use blender for model creation. When I export my textured model with the x-export addon, the model in my animation software is flipped from left to right. Not only textures, but also geometry. Everytime i export models, i apply the scale to them. It seems to be a problem with normals and backfaces.

I attached a cube.zip where you got 5 x-files with a texture: Cube.zip (44.9 KB)

In Blender I exported the model with texture (uv) with different settings:

• left handed (cube_uv_lh.x)
  • left handed / flipped normals (cube_uv_lh_flippedN.x)
  • right handed (cube_uv_rh.x)
  • right handed /flipped normals (cube_uv_rh_flippedN.x)

This symptom also occur in the directx x viewer,which you get for free on the net (zip download).

When i epxort my same model via collada to sketchup and use the 3drad Exporter plug to generate a x-file, i dont get this problem.

So is this still a problem of my export settings, or is it a bug in the blender exporter?

And of course the blend-file:
Cube.blend (588 KB)

I hope somebody have any idea on this subject, because i struggle around with this problem a long time.

Best Regards,
iRolf

*** Moderation ***
moved from Game Engine Support and Discussion
because it does not belong to the BGE

Thank you for moving, although i thought it fits better at the game developers section, because of more know how in the directx area :wink:

So dear blenderheads out there. Does somebody experience similar problems with the direct x exporter?