Glass Tree

Im going to be making a set with a tree made of glass, and a glossy ground. im also trying to get a liquid crystal’ish look on the water. the background will be night, and the set will be slightly glowing, and misty. also going to add particles like fog, and glass leaves.

any suggestion and critical feedback would be great.

progress:

[deleted post]

update

There’s a lot of work to be done here in order to make this look really good. I’d start with not using the fluid simulator for your water. It will save a whole bunch of resources and will increase the fidelity so much more if you simply use a plane with a bump, maybe a displacement if you’re gonna go for a massive closeup. Blenders fluid sim isn’t really meant for stills of water in large lake like environments

ill add more details to the background, and add a roughness to the mountain.

i will also try to add a thickness to the water, and make it look more crystall.

and the tree, look more like glass.
any feedback so far?

Though it may be an “early” version I like the overall effect of the last image. The tree, water and sky work well together, but the ground is a little too flat/boring. I don’t think it needs much, but looking forward to seeing what you do with it next. Good luck.

im working on getting the background look more like a sky, and i want to use the same texture to make a fog around the tree.
however adding a glare filter does not change anything :confused:

i would like some critical feedback, and also help on how to make the fog.

im using the same image in black and white cause the image is already dark. i want to remove some of the image, add a soft blur, and then fog. nothing happens when i add the glare tho.

small tweeks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]346236[/ATTACH]