questions on skinning, porportional editing and the whole works

ok I have asked about porportional editing and think I am ok with the basics but I have noticed that when I line up some parts, for instance on my male mesh model and the skin i am using, I can line up the nipples but everything else needs moved so once I do that it changes how the skin looks its enlarged like its been blow up bigger, so I get the nipples on the chest where they belong and look right but the belly button looks as big around as a 50 gallon drum. is there any way to pin or mark on my texture exactly where certain points in the uv map should be so it keeps everything in the right porportion? I am using a second life skin and I seamed my mesh model as close as possible so that individual mesh maps, chest, face, legs were pretty close, but not exactly the same shape since my mesh model is far more detailed then the normal secondlife mesh body.

doesn anyone have any ideas about setting up points to match points on the UV maps?

try using the live unwrap function. you pin vertexes that a) you want to move, and b) that you want not to move at all. for example, you might want to start by pinning the nipples in place, then pinning a point around each of the shoulders. then, move the shoulder ones into place, and while the nipples will remain fixed, the rest of the points which are not pinned will self-optimize as you go. so once you have the shoulders in place, pin a couple near the trunk, and position them the same way. keep pinning and refining, and everything should fall into place. you can also turn off live unwrap after awhile, and go with proportional editing once things are roughly in place.

thanks a million that will work great i seen a video where they were doing that but they didnt explain it they just happened to use it while they were doing something the video was actually about I will get that a try i was getting pretty disapointed that no matter what i did something else would go out of whack when i fixed what i was wanting to fix lol