Need Help Creating Colored Segments

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can give me the most practical procedure for creating the various colored segments as seen on the second disc below. Image #1 shows what I’m starting with in Blender. #2 shows the colored segments I need to create on this same disc. I know how you would normally create different colors on the same object… simply by applying different materials to different faces, etc. But I can’t find any tutorials for this problem. I can’t even find any examples of anyone doing this. Is it possible? Thanks very much!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]341673[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]341674[/ATTACH]

best way imo, would be to just use an image texture. you could make the texture in blender using vector curves, and when you render it, leave off the gray border, and make your design go right up to, and past the edges of your render. then add a material to your object, and go from there to texture buttons and add a texture channel of type: image. use the browse feature within texture buttons to open your image. I think it should work ok with the default settings.

I don’t quite follow this completely, but, no worries… I’ll play around with this concept. Thanks!

Depends on what you will need to do with that circle.
The easiest thing would be, as Mordron said, using that image as texture: at example on your circle you can uv unwrap from front view http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Textures/Mapping/UV/Unwrapping
Otherwise you can model vertex by vertex and add a subsurf modifier to smooth the lines or, even better, if you have the vector file (svg) you can import that.