Real time rendering and Blender , what to use ? (open source solutions)

I was wondering if there are any open source real time renders for Blender. Of course I dont expect cycles quality rendering but more like something very similar to what we see in modern games. Are there any such products out there ?

I am also open to low priced renderers , but I cannot spend too much currently. I am aware of Marmoset Toolbag and I was wondering if there is anything similar open source.

As far as I know, there’s nothing out there that is open source with high quality PBR rendering, and definitely nothing with direct Blender integration. Your best low-cost option is going to be UE4, but again, it’s not going to be an integrated solution.

Nothing dedicated to Blender outside of whats in it now…

Technically Unreal Engine 4 can be used, they open sourced it though I believe the code is available to subscribers only ($20)… In order to use UE4, you only need to pay for one month (which again is $20) and then cancel the subsription. This unlocks UE4 and gives you an account. So its certainly a cheaper alternative than marmoset and technically you have more options visually as well.

Unity free is another option, though as a free version you will be missing out on some lighting and rendering features, but its still used by some artist for previewing their work.

You really cannot go wrong with either Marmoset or UE4. Marmoset is well worth the price though (own both versions).

yeah i suspected there was no such thing. Looks like I will have to find some kind of workaround with blender then , maybe do some coding too :slight_smile:

Unity accepts .blend files. That said though, what needs to happen is an updated viewport with more control given to the user in Blender, OR some means to link its viewport to an external program’s and thats not very likely due to licensing.

Relax. RT Rendering projects are popping out all over the place. Give it a few months…