Help with a UV problem in cycles

Sorry if this is a simple fix, but I have followed several tutorials on UV’s in Blender/cycles and I can’t seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. Below is a screenshot of my setup. As far as I can tell my UV map and nodes are setup correctly, and my UV map appears fine in the textured preview, but when I render the map appears “squashed” on the Y-axis.

I assume I am doing something wrong, but it has been a long time since I messed with any UV mapping.

Are you using a subsurf modifier. When you uv unwrap in the unwrap options you can enable to ‘Use Subsurf Modifier’ to take into account the distortion in your mesh you see with this modifier. Use this when unwrapping or add additional edge loops to your mesh at the top and bottom of the distorted area to limit the stretch effect

Okay, so I think we are on to something here. I redid the UV map with “use subserf modifer” checked, and recreated my UV image. Now the label does not appear “squashed” any more. However, It does still not fill the entire height of the bottle. How do I work around this?

see the dif in your 2 uv maps
the bottom one has a whole row of faces on top and bottom that are not there on first one
I"think" adding edge loops will sort it or apply subD and unwrap again
or wait for RM (other) to show me a better answer :wink:

Just look at the second UV unwrapping, you took other faces to the caps, you need to re uv-unwrap the whole thing.

Thanks guys. I am not sure I understand the reasoning behind this, but I will give it a shot on Monday.