Blender Inset - F6 Context menu not coming up

I have Max OSX Yosemite on my MacBook Pro Retina 13 Inch

I have blender 2.71

I press inset and then Fn + F6 but I don’t get to see the Context menu

Please help

Open the tool panel in the 3d viewport with the T key. The bottom of that panel gives the same options as the f6 menu after each operation without requiring an extra keypress.

Yeah, I’m having the same problem myself, it’s slowing down my work-flow at this point and I need a solution.

@K Horseman - That’s the problem, the context menu for the tool does not show up in the toolshelf either, only mouse control.

EDIT: Just did a fresh install of 2.72a, problem is still present. Deleted ALL settings, configs and previous scripts, so we can rule out there being some type of conflict.

EDIT AGAIN: Using the I key will automatically start the mouse type interface, but - if I use the interactive search to find Inset, the tool settings magically show up in the toolshelf… this is more than odd.

@tasheen - SUCCESS! I found the solution, and it is honestly the dumbest thing ever. Hit the I key as normal, the interface will go to the “mouse mode” now hit the Enter key. Apparently the Enter key is the magic bullet here!! Toolshelf tool settings!! Happy Blending!!

I’m not sure if anyone has run into this problem again, but for me it was that I somehow unchecked the Adjust Last Operation box in the view menu. This happened to me in 2022 so I know this post is old, but in case anyone out there runs into this problem, I hope it helps.

1 Like