Smoke does only render in the viewport

Hey guys :slight_smile:

I’m having issues with a simple smoke simulation in Blender v2.72. I know there are a lot of threads about smoke simulations not working the way they should, but I could’t find any matching my particular problem.

I have set up a scene with a sphere producing smoke inside a domain object that’s being influenced by a wind force field. It plays just fine in the viewport and even the rendered view looks like the result I want.

But if I press F12 and try to render it properly nothing renders. Only the grey background is visible and no smoke appears. My camera is not inside the domain object and I’ve set my rendering device to CPU. The smoke has a material with a volume scatter shader, a volume absorption shader etc. as I have seen this in a tutorial (you can see the material on the screenshot).

How do I get the smoke I perfectly see in the viewport to render as a final image?

Thanks a lot,
Choix :slight_smile:

I know there are a lot of threads about smoke simulations not working the way they should
You should therefore know that you are hindering those other users who may want to help you by NOT SUPPLYING A BLEND FILE on you post for review

I’m very sorry. Here is the link to download the file via Dropbox:

Your smoke domain is set be unrenderable:

Unfortunately this doesn’t change anything :I still get the same result. uaah it can’t be this hard, can it?