Straightening loop cuts

Hi All

Is it possible to straighten out loop cuts (It can be done in 3ds max by scaling the loops). See the image below - I want the cuts on the top edges to be perpendicular to the long edges, rather than diagonal.

Ah, in the process of writing this post I figured out I can select each loop individually, and scale along the y axis to 0.

This gives me the following:

Is there a way to select all loop cuts and scale at the same time as it’s a bit of a pain to do them individually depending on the number of loops. I’ve found that selecting all and scaling along the y axis to 0 results in all of the loops being merged in the center of the object as per the below:

Cheers

you could start by making knife cuts near the angled areas then make loop cuts between them. another option would be to use the knife project tool. (edit) just remember if you’re cutting through something front and back simultaneously, use shift K instead of K to call up the knife tool http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Modeling/Meshes/Editing/Subdividing/Knife_Subdivide

While making a loop cut you can hit E to toggle evenness so the loop isn’t cut at the average between two adjacent loops’ shapes, then F to flip between adjacent edge loops to pick which loop’s shape your new cut should follow.

Thanks, I’ll give those a go.

pivot center = individual origins
select the loop cuts and s y 0