Critique please - Jaguar F-Type - Team Sky

Hello. Whilst I’m pleased with my render, I know it could be better. I’d like to hear some constructive criticism about how to improve it.
The render is of the Team Sky Jaguar F-Type Support Car used in the 20th stage of the TdF.

Without bikes, slightly different angle + modifications to body:

Clay Render:

Uses materials from b’wide node pack as well as tyres from Vulture on Blendswap.

Nice work so far, but I’d like to see a bit more of the side view of the car… not a lot, just a few more degrees of turn so I can see the rest of the body-lines…

Also - the texturing on the car is quite nice, but the bikes are flat - was that an artistic decision? I dont really see them fitting with the rest of the image.

Finally - are you going for a studio type shot here? If so, maybe use one of the studio environment maps so the background isnt so flat… then again - depending on you goal it could work… i.e. - are you going for the photo-real car in clay environment? If that is the goal, I’d play up the “clay / pseudo world” by adding some primitives around the car or some other clay shaded 3d models…

All in all - very nice start.

Apart from the things already mentioned, there are a few places lines could be sharpened which would help a lot. There are also several small inconsistencies will the real version, but it all depends on how detailed/accurate you are going for. I can point these out if you want.

Could you please point these out. It would be very helpful.

To be honest I’m not too fussed about making it ultra-accurate; however, I do want it to look sharp and a bit more dynamic.

but the bikes are flat

I’m not really sure how I could improve this. Perhaps add the Pinarello logo to the side? I’ve altered the material slightly as well.

Regarding the environment and setup- I was going for a studio set-up. I’ve also included a photo without the bikes with a few more degrees of turn. I think I prefer the new angle, to be honest.

Sorry this took so long, been busy…

Does this help? most of the things I pointed out shouldn’t be too hard to fix. You’ve already made a great start! keep it up.

Thank you very much, this should help a lot. I’ll work on those areas and see what I can do.

Not sure what the bikes are doing on top of a high performance sports car but i think the rest of it looks good. To improve it you could texture the tire walls - just google “tire wall texture” and you’ll get pictures of Pirellis, Goodyears, etc.

Also, try to make the highlights more pronounced. You can do this by, maybe, bumping light intensity or, perhaps, repositioning the lights or the backdrop so that they are at such an angle that the highlights would make the surface of the car more pronounced.

This is one of the things that car photographers spend the most time with in the studio – getting beautiful highlights.

If you notice in the red car reference, the highlights are so well pronounced that the shape of the red car is really highlighted.

like the result! maybe your renders could be a bit sharper.