Displacement Node Editor

How I make displacement in node editor?

Show what want

Use the Displace node.

You also have to activate the Experimental features of Cycles for it to work.
I show how to set up the node network in this short video.
https://vimeo.com/98578006

@@Richard_Marklew Sorry for not posting more information!
@@3pointEdit How do I use?
@@AtomI looked at your video but do not know which nodes should I change the textures! But quite enjoyed it and I’ll try to create something with your tutorial!

I want to make a street of bricks! Following the steps of this tutorial …

Adrew uses Displacement modifier. How I use displacement directly by the node editor?

Thanks to all who are helping me!

Here is an image that shows the basic setup.

Once you have enabled the experimental feature you have to click on the datablock tab and scroll to the bottom of the mesh properties. There you will find the experimental feature options for Displacement. For the default cube you will need to enable Use Subdivision but if your mesh already has a lot of faces you may not need that enabled. Set the dicing rate lower if you want more detail but this cause it to render more slowly.

In the node editor you use the Math node multiply value to increase the height of the displacement. You can feed the multiply node with any texture type you like, including images.

Attachments

27_displace_cube.blend (92.9 KB)

@Atom
The answer was that!

Thank you so much!

What is the problem here?
I can not the Displacement.
In renderer view using the Subdivision(at Displacement) My texture stay in brown … if I don’t use I have a render like the Image Editor.
What I need?

The problem is that you have GPU selected. Experimental only works on the CPU as of 2.72.

I switched to CPU and still the same!

The rudimentary render-time subdiv discards UVs. (this is a major reason why all this is behind the experimental-features curtain in the first place).

Disable “use subdivision” and use the subsurf modifier to tesselate instead. It’s slightly slower (the model is tessellated prior to exporting to Cycles) but it will preserve UVs and such.

Or, honestly, use the displace modifier. Cycles’s render time one barely works and the main selling point of render-time displacement (tessellation after exporting) doesn’t even work properly. It’s really only useful if you need auto-bump, or some displacement map that can’t be fed to the displace modifier (cycles procedural, multi-tile image set, etc).

Oh, now I see. You need to subdivide your plane at least once if you want use subdivision to work. Otherwise, as J_The_Ninja suggests you have to add more geometry manually to see the effect.

but if your mesh already has a lot of faces you may not need that enabled

In your case you may only have one face, thus no displace is generated.