VSE help with multiple video formats

So I am new to the VSE and want to use it to combine multiple videos - nothing from blender. However, the videos are different format. One is 1920x1080 @ 29.97 FPS and the other is 1440x1080 @ 60FPs. I bring in one video and adjust the settings so the audio is the same length, but then I bring in the other video and its audio is not the same length.

I guess what I’m getting down to is, is there a way to use Blender’s VSE with multiple video (audio included) formats to output to a single combined video.

I’m starting to guess not

If Blender’s VSE cannot, does anyone have any suggestions (besides Windows movie maker - which does allow this)?

Thanks
R

Each scene in Blender can have it’s own FPS. So you will need a scene per video file.

Consider trying out MPEG stream clip. It has a batch mode that will concatenate multiple videos into a single video.

Blender really works best with image sequences as the input. If you can convert your videos to image sequences first, I’d recommend that.

You can pick a frame rate of one clip then add the off frame rate clips. Note tje mismatch of audio length and use the speed effect to stretch the video to match. You’ll have to collapse them into a metastrip to perform edits.

Be aware that blenders speed effect simply drops or duplicates frames to achieve the required speed.

Another thing to consider is that Blender’s VSE is not very good at re-sizing input. If your output is HD1080 and the smaller clip is used within the frame without scaling, then you should be fine. I would treat the first framerate as 30fps, then you can simply drop every second frame of the second clip.

Give AppGeeker converter a try. Simply add the videos into the program, and tick the “merge into one” option, then select a output format, and you’re off.