Dynamic Feet planting

I want my character to have his feet always on the ground :3
How can i do that?

Well.
To explain more.
I have an non flat surface and the feet are hanging mid air.
I want them to be always automatically placed on the floor no matter if there are bumps or hills in it.

I guess you need some gravity (should be enabled by default) and an object that can drop down. Typically this happens to objects with an according Physics type.

You should be able to do this in the BGE - I know you’re not the first to ask about it and there are other threads about it as well, but I can’t seem to find them on Google. You probably can do this by using Python to manually set the rotation of the foot bone according to the slope of the hill. You can also align the character to stand on the hill, Mario Galaxy-style.

I still think you dont understand me.
When my char walks over uneaven ground or stands close to a cliff his foot is mid air or in the floor. i dont want that.
Any way to ajust the walkcycle automatically?

I use a walking ragdoll for this, another method would be to deform your walk cycle by parenting your feet bones to a bone, then have copy transforms of another object, and manipulate the walk cycle scale, step height and angle.

what is this magic:eek:!?! how do you make walking ragdolls?

check out PID ragdoll thread by Jackii in resources, I use a heavily modified version of his initial rig.

thanks I actually made a thread asking how to make a controllable ragdoll before I stumbled across this thread (for some reason my thread hadn’t showed up until a few hours after I first tried to post it)

I’ll help however I can.