Cant find Surface Tab in the Material Section of Properties Panel

Hi all,

I’m very new to blender (in fact, just started out) and also this forum and I have been following a tutorial series on how to use blender but I am stuck :(! I have no idea where the surface tab in the materials section is :confused:. The tutorial was talking about the changing the surface type of materials from diffuse to glossy but when I tried to do the same in my version of blender I noticed that the surface tab was not there at all. Has its location been changed or is there another way to do it now? I know this might be a silly question but I’m really stuck and cant figure out what to do.

Any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Draco.

Blender comes with multiple built in render engines. Each render engine has their own material system which are only compatible with that render engine. The default render engine is called ‘Blender Render’, there is also the ‘Cycles Render’ engine which is probably the one you want to use for the tutorial. You select the render engine at the top of the blender interface.

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: I changed the render engine to Cycles and it got fixed. Thanks again!