My PC is two times slower comparing to other benchmarks

Hello,

I spent few days trying to find out why my rendering PC is slower in comparison to similar configs.
Rendering the BMW scene takes 1m7s while PCs with a similar configuration can achieve 0m30s !!
Here is a filtered version of the Cycles benchmark Google data sheet:

My Configuration:
1- AMD FX6300
2- ASRock 970 EXTREME4
3- Kingston HX318C10FB/4 (4G RAM)
4- second Hand ASUS GTX 580 directcu II (1.5 GB only)
5- SSD SanDisk 128 GB
6- 600 W PSU

The GPU is installed on a 16x PICe slot, the Nvidia tools report a full load (100%) when rendering.

• I got the above score with the X server stopped.
  • Using another cheap GPU for the console doesn’t improve my score.
  • I’ve also tried different versions of the NVIDIA drivers without improvements.
  • I tried both Debian (x86_64) and Ubuntu (x86_64), here also no luck.

What worries me is that the nvidia-setting tool reports a load of 100% during rendering !! which means that my bottleneck is the GPU ! if that’s the case, how can the others achieve better scores ?!

Any idea on how to improve the score or the config ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
In your file render times goes from 0:35 to 1:27 (times below are using multiple GPU).
First the BMW benchmark is not the best anymore, you should try several others to compare.
If you want to see your best time on this one anyway, try to set the tiles to 256x256.

Thanks Crust-T,
I’ve rendered an unedited version of the BMW .blend file, I expect the others to do the same too.
Any way, I’ll post the score with a tile size of 256x256 after the office hours (~3h).

I forgot to post my updated score which is 37,65 s :slight_smile: