toon animated water texture ?

Hello.
Im searching for an animated water texture like in the game Wind Waker for the gamecube ( look it up to get the reference Please ).
I need one for the Beaches to simulate the water going up and down on the sand ( dunno the English word ) one for the ocean itsself and one for the lines the Boat leaves ( can be static too but might a bit tricky )
If someone can make these or know where to get those please give them to me :3

Also i want to know how to make such animated textures yourself ! I tried drawing every frame on gimp but it endet up looking wierd and sometimes it speeds up and slows down D:

*Push because i need the answer *

You probably shouldn’t rely on Blender’s built-in animated texture example to animate textures - you’d do better animating the UVs (or swapping out the meshes) yourself via Python. Blender’s built-in animated texture leaves a lot to be desired. You can find UV scrolling functions on this forum, or in my bghelper module (bghelper.sprites); there’s an example in the repository that you can download via SVN checkout to see how it works.

As for the textures, I don’t know if you can find textures that you can use that imitate Wind Waker’s art style effectively. Here’sa breakdown on how they did some of the effects that Wind Waker showcased; the water seemed to be done with multiple textures, which might give you a hint as to how to proceed.

Thanks.
Maaaaaaaan. That water is comlicatet ^^
Also. I always knew the gamecube was AMAZING for the time and still now but i didnt knew it was that POWERFUL!
Holy s***t ! SO MUCH GRASS WITHOUT STRUGGELING!
Side fakt : Nitendo planned the GC to be Full HD ( thats why it has a 2nd output ) but they released the wii before the most people had an HD capable TV.

I still need some tips on making my own animated Textures :3

Do you have any tips of actually drawing the animated texture ? Im not a cartoon drawing wizard

Send from ma Phone :3

http://www.holzchopf.ch/download.php?download=tools/wassertextur

just use this program for the textures. It’s in german, but you should be able to find out what the single options do. You can tweak every single aspect of the texture until you are satisfied with it. When you are finished with tweaking the settings just save the animation with clicking on Datei–>Strip Speichern. This should save it as an image strip. The program automaticly generates tileable textures and lets you decide wether you want the color , the normalmap or the heightmap of the water.

I hope this helps you even though all options are in german.

Btw.
Im german. Lol
U shure that u can create wind waker water ( ITS LIKE ANIME WATER ) ?

Ja, ich denke du solltest das schaffen. Ich habe einen Strip exportiert und danach in Gimp ein wenig Post-Processing betrieben. Das Resultat war ganz plausibel. Spiel ein wenig mit den Settings herum, dann sollte es klappen.

For the wake on the sides of the boat, you can create a circular texture and map to flat circular surfaces at an angle then rotate the circles. boat.zip (565 KB) < Here is an example.