Falling pancakes (image planes)

Hi, I’m a newbie and trying to make my first animation. For our musical production I was asked to create an animation where a pancake is falling from the sky and lands on a plate. A few seconds later another pancake is falling on the plate. During the song the falling pancake should stack on top of eachother.

Now I managed to create falling pancakes using the physics collision for the plate and soft body for the pancake. The problem I’m facing is that the planes fall on top eachother, but no stack is formed. Can somebody tell me how to make more volume in the stack?

Thanks in advance!!

The problem I’m facing is that the planes fall on top each other, but no stack is formed.

Are you making pancakes out of plane only with no volume?

Hi Ridix,

Yes they’re plane. I tried to make them out of a cylinder but then the pancakes turned black when the touched the table.

but then the pancakes turned black when the touched the table

Your soft body is collapsing. Play with soft body setting. Friction setting should be over 10. Soft Body Goal should be unchecked. Most setting is found under Soft Body Edges. Increase Damp setting over 1. Bending should be like 10. Have Collision Edge, and Face checked.

1 Like