help with porportional editing

I hav seen a few youtube videos showing using the porportional editing tool to manipulate pieces of the uv unwrapped islands such as making the corner of the eyes and mouth line up with the corners on the texture, but in all the videos no one ever explains what they are doing , they jsut seem to say turn on the porportional editing tool and they start moving verts around to make them line up. attatched is a screen shot as you can see the nostrils corners of the mouth and eyes are way off so I need to move their locataion on the uv map so they line up with where they are on the texture. does anyone know of a really good video or tutorial showing how this process is done? or can somone take the time to explain to me exactly how you would accomplish this? i am fairly new to blender and this is my first real project so i am not super familiar with the names of all the tools and their actions

any help anyone can give me would truely be appreciated

knot

you press o key to go into or out of proportional edit mode, then g to move the verts. you can control the scale of the influence with your middle mouse button.