Future PC build review

Hello everyone.

In about a month or so I’ll be buying a new PC. I’m studying architecture but I decided to put it on hold for a bit and dedicate a year to Architectural Visualization and animation. I will be using the PC for Blender mostly. There is a possibility I will take on Unreal Engine in the future. I regularly work with AutoCAD, Photoshop and occasionally some light video editing.

I’ve put together a build, that I think will suffice my needs, but I would appreciate your input, since many of you have experience in this sort of thing - I do not.:confused:

THIS is the build.

I’m planning to replace the video card in the next 6 months or so, I’ve read somewhere that the GTX 750 Ti goes very well with CUDA.

What do you think?

Hi,
Looks good, but depending on the card you’re planning for the future maybe you should consider a more powerful power supply (not sure it will handle a 980 in case you go for one).

The 750Ti is good enough, maybe the VRAM will be your bottleneck if you render large scenes, but anyway if you plan to use it for 6 month you’ll have time to verify it (and your CPU will do for cycle rendering).

Hi, looks good, I would invest a few more € in the SSD.
This drive write only 150 MBps, actual drives write 4-500 MBps for a few bugs more.
Samsung 840 EVO for example.

Cheers, mib

A 650W non OEM PSU will handle any single GPU fine :slight_smile:

Are you planning on overclocking, and if so how much? You could save some getting a decent air cooler, and bumping up the ssd maybe?

I agree the GPU is going to be you’re bottleneck, there’s might not be enough VRAM for large scenes. I have the ASUS GTX750 and it runs great except there is not enough VRAM for a lot larger scenes. Good luck! :slight_smile:

From an electronics standpoint from electronics technicians/eng point of view. More power-supply. Blender can tax a machine and all of that tax is felt on your powersupply. What you have is “fine” for what you are building. But if you can upgrade it to an 850 watt powersupply it will give you significantly more lifespan/ upgrade options on your machine if this is a machine you intend to tax heavily and should safely handle two vid cards and most likely overclocking. But I try not to use more then 70-80% of a powersupplys ratted cap as a soft rule of thumb.
But you can always use one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J8LE60C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 jumpers to add in a second powersupply for vidcards. Just make sure you have an electrical connection between the chassis of the second powersupply and your first.