Huge Problems with Tiny Hair

Hi there,

I’m making a project with hair simulation and, as my very first hair simulation, I’m having some problems. I think it’s because the character is only 16 cm tall.

When I enable Hair dynamics, the hair acts freaking weird as you can see in the image below. From the second frame the hair starts moving like crazy in every frame.

The results are the same no matter the settings I’ve tested. Has anybody have any experience with so small hair simulation? I need some advices here.

Thanks in advance!

Hope someone can offer suggestions here. The only way I’ve found to make hair appear shorter (since .001 is the lower limit in the sim settings) is to increase the size of the model, so that the hair is relatively smaller.

Can you post your .blend file somewhere so I’ll be able to take a look and help you?:wink:

I cannot post my file 'cause it’s a non finished commercial project. But I think I’ve found the answer.

I’ve avoided that frenzy hair effect by increasing the Quality Steps to the maximum 80 (into Hair Dynamics panel).

In this project we need to keep the characters’ size at their actual size due to they’re gonna be into real footage with real camera settings, environment and HDR.

Now I’m fighting with the settings to have a smooth and realistic simulation.

Thanks for your interest!