Blender Program Closes When Texture Paint Mode is Selected

I am, unfortunately, not able to go into the Texture Paint mode. Whenever I select it (Texture Paint) from the Object Interaction drop-down list, the Blender application immediately closes. I am new to modelling and Blender itself, and I have been only using this program for just a few days. I have never been able to try to go on Texture Paint mode before.

All the other modes work fine. I’ve tried looking on the web to see if somebody else had encountered this problem before, but I wasn’t able to find any. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I have created my own low poly model and I want to apply a texture to it, so I’ve made a seam, select the particular area, unwrapped, and made a UV map. However, I am not able to go into the Texture Paint mode.

Could you tell us more about your system?
OS seems to be Win 8(.1), but what about the hardware? Graphics card? CPU? RAM?
Are the graphics drivers up to date?

Hi biscuitofrage, there was a bug about, are you on Blender 2.72b?

Cheers, mib

@@biscuitofrage: I am getting same problem. Let me know if you find out anything. @mib2berlin, Could you provide a link to that bug report? I have been searching for hours but cannot seem to find it.

Sorry if this is late or outdated news: Here are some comments on the issue

This is the final comment pasted:

In Blender 2.72 there is a new tab in the paint mode called ‘Slots’ and it replaces the old method of selecting images in the UV viewer to make them active as well as nearly all of the functions of the Layer Management plugin.
Even if you don’t have a material assigned to the object it will create one when you go into paint mode with a default texture for diffuse color. If you want to create a new texture such as specular, normal, alpha, etc. there is a drop-down to select the texture that you want to add and it will open the image creation dialog to make the image. It will then create the image with the appropriate settings.
To change the image that you are painting to just select the one that you want to work on from the list. You can also delete or hide textures from this list without having to go back to the texture list in the material. Thanks to Anthony Riakiotakis(psy-fi) for clearing that up for me.