October Squash

This is my first time using blender for serious work. I’ve played with it on and off for about 18 months as its all self taught and was just getting my hands “wet” as it were.

My previous works have had little actual “work” or thought into them, merely playing so I didn’t bother with them beyond 3 or 4 hours and for one day.

Finalized

Finalized, Version B

wow it is great, the candles still looking like a 3d model, I think You can add better materials to them, You can add some saturation of color too (composition).

A fine image and good work

Crit: Too much bloom, it looked too washed out. There is also a definite lack of contrast. The board is also rather too soft. needs to sharpen the edges. I liked the warm tones of version B but your work seems to wash out the details. The board even seems to look like butter

Thanks for the advice. The materials are a pain for me. I can model easily [previous painting experience, etc.] however, texturing this stuff is something I stumble upon every once and a while.

You can conect the texture of the board to the displacement output node, add an hue saturation node in the middle of the texturo of the board and the output node and change the value of the saturation to cero, add a math node (shift+a, converter) and change the math to multiply and put it in the middle of the saturation node and the output node and change the multiply value at your taste (displacement), then You connect that math node in the factor input of the mix node between the gloss and the color and add a color ramp in the middle of that mix node and that myltiply node and adjust the value of the gloss, I think You can add more roughnes to the gloss and to the diffuse nodes, You have lot to learn and… and Me too :slight_smile: