Is there a stable version of Blender (like Linux) ?

I have been downloading the latest and greatest versions of Blender, and because of that, I have been experiencing issues. An example is in 2.72 the “sapling” plugin isn’t working properly. As such, are there specific releases that are considered “stable” or as fixed as they are going to make it, until they add new features? If so, what was the last stable version? Right now I have two versions of Blender on my computer. The latest, and 2.71. Thank you in advance.

Ultimately I am looking for something with the least amount of problems, with Cycles rendering, nodes working fine, and just a handful of plugins that I am using right now. (Sapling, ivy, Import image to plane…)

Not sure why you’re having problems… version 2.72b is the latest and I haven’t noticed anything “unstable” about it. I built a Christmas tree the other day with sapling and it came out perfectly without any problems.

Can you post your computer specs and list the issues you’re having in more detail?

In 2.82b I delete the cube. Add item - tree. Then load preset selecting “_ca_black_oak”. Gives me a huge error every time. Further, I’ve posted another post concerning nodes not showing up. These obstacles make it difficult for a person learning Blender to not get frustrated with the program. Which is why I was asking about a “stable” version.

Report it as a bug. Find sapling from user preferences and it has a ‘report a bug’ button which takes you to the correct page. Or alternatively help menu -> report a bug and specify it’s a addon type bug yourself.

Uncheck the “Limit Import” button next to the preset button, then select the ca_black_oak preset. This addon is known to be buggy, and due to the high amount of calculations necessary for some setups it can really tax your computer.

JA12, I’ve reported it already. Thank you. Safetyman, Thank you for your suggestion. So, I am guessing whatever gets released is considered the latest and greatest, and should be a most bug free as the previous version.