How do I make a Fishnet model (for 3D printing)

Hey all ,
I seem to have found my self in a bit of a pickel … I seem to have no idea how to even get started on fishnet’s for on a pair of gloves that will be on a elf model that is going to be 3D printed…

Ive tried putting tubes and slightly linking them together but that looks wrong.
Ive tried to array a model and then shrink wrap it but doesnt seem to work… (and makes modelling very very slow!)

so I looked on the forum and some poeple was talking about using a cloth modifier but cant seem to understand how they mean…

I’m still a bare noob in blender so any help would be good help !

thanks !

does no one have any way of doing this? i’m still waiting…

Hi,
You should have been searching instead of waiting…
You would have found this tutorial.

Could you at least bring on here image of what type fishnet that is? There are thousands of shapes/fashions and not a one says “my elf” .

Other than that - duplicate object’s mesh and make sure it is all squares, retopo if not. Add Decimate modifier Unsubdivide 1, apply it.
Select one way edge loops and convert to curves, add some thickness - bevel, resolution parameters. Do the same for vertical loops of other direction. Convert back to the mesh or add Shrinkwrap mod, tweak.

^^ There is CGMasters video on YT - modeling this mic in Blender too btw. That nicely deals with proper sphere netting; hand mesh might be a bit different beast though.