Wound and smoke interactions

Im all new to blender, and have asked som people on how to to different things. They say its basic, and therefor i post it here.

1. I wonder how i can make smoke from a bomb interact with a person, that i film with a regular camera? I can make smoke interact with a flat plane that spins in Blender, but how do i do it with real people and footage?

2. How do i make blood/wounds/blood splatters like Sam and Niko did in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xK7e0-_3oQ#t=304

I like the effect when the sword comes out of the second orc that dies and 5:27. But also the small blood bits that comes right before the first and second kill.

I know that i probably have to use fluid for the blood effect, but i have no idea how to do it like them.

If all i said is unclear, i would like to know, so i could explain abit bether, if i can.

you need to use camera tracking to do stuff like that. it’s not too difficult. it mostly involves making tracking markers in your footage so that blender can figure out and emulate your camera movement. then you can mix in 3D content and everything should match up if you do it right.

But do you know how i can get smoke to interact with a person? Do i make a 3d model of the person and then add the smoke to interact with the 3d model?

yes that would be the procedure.

you will have to learn how to do greenscreening in blender to do all that and like modron said you will have to do camera tracking with markers
you will have to use you footage to line up your simutation to the person then hide the emitting object when you have your setup
and like modron said its alot of work

Okay ty, i will try to make this work after a many months of hard work :slight_smile: