Timberpig - Sketchbook

Update:

========================

Hey guys! this is my sketchbook thread. I don’t know how frequently I’ll post but I’m really enjoying blender lately when I’m not busy. I’m currently working on 3D art for JimSauce, a Runescape YouTuber.
This is the Ascension Crossbow from Runescape I’m for the action shot im working on. Hand painted emission map and texture. Grip is low detail because a hand will obviously be there.

Hey all! small update on this current project. Heavy work load at school so slow progress this week. But im working on the chestplate rn. Gna be taking a break until monday because this weekend happens to be double xp.

Attachments

Working on this while i afk RS. curves are fun!

Attachments

Been working on this while afking RS! curves are cool. i want to learn a lot more about blender

Attachments

Working on this today! learned so much about already. Learning Blender is fun

Been working on this! did a loooot of mesh cleaning after i decided to go full hipoly. I was at first doing low, but went to high. All the plate accents on the shoulder pieces are shrinkwrapped! Making use of the modifiers :eyebrowlift:

Made this today learning procedural texturing based on global coordinates. learned a lot recently! been done w school and holidays so i have some free time for a bit

Lowpoly and volumetric fun. faked the volume tho :wink:

Made a lowpoly scene of my desk! can’t be bothered to work on it anymore.

I like your low poly iceberg, and armor design

Why are u showing this garbage scene Timberpig? WEELLLLL! That there is a procedral wetmap! I used a multiply with a vertical gradient. I can control how dark and high and the blend of it. might make a full scene with it.

I know you can do that in Blender Render, but can it be done with Cycles?

Yeah! what i’ve done is create a gradient that’s rotated 90 degrees on the X or Y or both axis so the gradient is vertical, then use that as the second color in a MixRGB node set to multiply so it darkens the first color, which is rock in this case

Improved it a little, added spec where it’s wet and more general detail to the rock. couldn’t be bothered sculpting a realistic set of rocks to be honest.

Im working on this currently! classes started again r.i.p progress is slow. anyways, i have a hipoly and low res one. kinds going back and forth depending on which on i feel like modeling.

update on my magnum and a frame from a .gif i made

Not gonna post this in my wip thread but made a little bit of progress on this

Crosspost from my WIP thread! Done with this

The grass essentials pack on blenderguru is great.

1hr sketch! Tried digital painting again. the water was done in blender.