50% complete

really cool model.

thanks.
meanwhile - 70% complete

like it but how many verts ?
add some stones on top soil !

is it from real model or made up ?

happy bl

mmm… didnt get what stones are u talking about…
anyway, the model is not optimised yet, i mean normals, etc, i m trying to keep vertices as less as possible, so its kinda low to mid poly or something)) havent checked amount of vertices yet, gonna do it at the final stage. 2 rows more, 1 building and landscape to go.
it is from a real point cloud.

are you modelling a real sub station ?

real exterior sub station HV usually have crushed stones on top soil
see pic here

happy bl

didnt get anyway, dont know the term… is that that orange thing?
anyway, I cant detailze it too much cause of deadline, just have no time. I’d love to, but can’t
and yep, this is real sub station.
this is how the model must be inscribed in the point cloud. that takes really a lot of time with high detail.

avg deviation of constructions must be less than 40 mm

another reason of mid detail is using this model as some kind of the 1st and 3rd person interactive guide on Unity engine.

where did u get this point cloud ?
is it from a 3D scan ?

happy bl

yep, I work in the laser scanning industry. Using Blender much more easier and comfortable for some projects than specialized lidar software for me.

I began doing a big sub but I quit too many verts for my old machine LOL

happy bl

95% complete. render says it is about 4 400 000 vertices for now.

Wow that is a lot of detail… my computer would crash hard with that many vertices lol. So is this going to be a realtime environment or just still images?

Polygobblerr

realtime, so optimization required) just wires consist of about 1 000 000 vertices, but it maden with curves so quite easy to edit. gonna try remesh modifier on other stuff. but there are not so many verts in objects, mostly 16 in cylindrical loop for example. just the main building has excessive verts cause i did it in one piece, that was a mistake.

that’s the real one

Cool model. Also, I didn’t know Leica made surveying equipment. You learn something new every day!

modeling is 100% complete.
so this are first quick renders. ready for export to unity

and this is how it looks in app created with unity (testing):

it will be use for fire fighting and operating safety training.

next step i’m gonna add some details, greater textures and render it in cycles.

Awesome work!