Rendering changes position of Characters

Okay… have not ever had this problem before… I have created a scene in a living room… put in three animals… When I moved them in using Append, they were not in correct position, so I moved them into position … so they looked like they were standing on the floor… … I do a render of the scene and in the rendered pic, the one animal is up off the floor, no longer in position… one other one is not exactly on the floor anymore… but isn’t as high as the one… when I do ESC out of the rendered image back to the scene, the animal is now up above the floor as I was in the rendered scene…
I have repositioned them, saved it and did another render to see how it looks… once again, the animal is up off the floor and going back out of the rendered image… there the animal is again… off the floor… I don’t see any reason why it is doing this… any ideas?? What should I look for… ?? I need him to stay down on the floor…
am not sure if file is too big to send or not… it is 4.88MB …

thanks
have a good day
Barbara

Okay… got it working now… still have no clue why it was changing positions… but decided best to take the animal out of the scene and move the animal back in with the append… now it is okay… thank you
Barbara

You don’t have to send everything. Could remove irrelevant mesh objects and the one that jumps around only needs some faces to show up. The main point of the question is that it doesn’t stay still in render, so that what needs to be repeatable in the example file. Only needs enough geometry to see it and all the settings that makes it behave like that will come with the file, which is usually enough.

After you do that and enable compress, it won’t take much more space than a screenshot.

Okay… thanks… I was able to fix… appreciate reply