My first interior architecture attempt on Blender

Hi,

This is my first simple interior render on Blender. I’m a beginner in architectural vis and over the next 8-12 weeks I’m assembling a portfolio. I will put up my work as I go and hope that I can get some useful crits, feedback or advice on my projects. If they’re not good enough or lack something special please let me know. Love your work…

Reference image

My attempt

Eoghan

Very nice! First off, I would lower the brightness a bit. Also, if you download the reference and then look at the properties, you should be able to check what focal length the camera was set to. That way you can get even closer to the original. Great job!

Thanks for the reply ShadowCamero! Didn’t know you can get the focal length info from the properties…cheers!

The room looks like it is a hallway/open plan living room.

Think about the purpose of the room then add in detail that show it is owned and lived in.

However, materials, lighting and composition is very good, especially the second one.

I like it!
What I would say the ShadowCamero said, but you can decrease the size of the texture of the stairs.

I can see the geometry on the ceiling.

Also the floor looks a bit like plastic.
But for a first try, this looks great!

Great stuff, thanks to everyone for replying, already feeling like this crit business is very worth while. I’ll correct the points made out and keep them in mind for my next project! Thanks again :smiley:

Very nice scene Eoghan, captures the elements very well!

One thing I do notice though, thinking as a photographer for a moment…

The Reference image is set up so that the perpendicular wall is a line in the center of the frame. This causes the stairway to be a bit more open in the image - widening the field and making the image flow a bit more.

Your image has the perpendicular wall not in an orthogonal setup, and as such, it turns the stairwell toward the camera, closing the scene up a bit… makes it a bit more claustrophobic.

I think this small change may have a large impact on the feel.