Nox render?

I’ve seen Nox mentioned on several websites. Anyone use Nox render? Is it any good?

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the userbase is now dwindling since it seems like development of that engine has come to a screeching halt.

Back in July, Evermotion release the source of Nox with the intent that the community would take the reigns and continue it as a FOSS project, but there’s been no news on its development since.

What doesn’t help the fact is that Campbell obtained the source and got the impression that Evermotion simply dumped the source onto the web with no effort to organize it, it might be dead now.

It’s good, yes(I’ve played with it a few times, and the renders I’ve seen made with it are really nice), but it’s rather slow. Like Ace said, it’s also been released out to the public for one reason or another, although I won’t speculate why because I simply don’t care. So, you have to think about that for the future of the engine, it could just remain stagnant.

Ace Dragon who is Campbell?

@juancarlosgzrz: One of Blenders main developers. His full name is Campbell Barton, hes rather well known by large parts of the community, thats why Ace probably just assumed everyoned be familiar with the name.
Btw., Campbell is also actually the guy who posted here right before you did (ideasman42).

greetings, Kologe

This thread is also 11 months old; no need to bump it just to ask about a name that was mentioned in a post :wink: