Slow down animation

I am working on short animation… I did a small amount of animation 2 years ago and it was dancing couple or individual … just playing around with it a little… the speed was pretty good for the dancing… did new pose every 5 frames for the dance…
Back now trying to really learn working in Blender…I created a scene with three animals in it… they walk across the floor… one jumps into a chair and up to a tank on a table… another walks across the floor and then he puts his front paws on the table near the tank… the other animal goes and sits down near the second animal.
I created new pose for each animal, every 5 frames… when I rendered the animation and played it back… I think they are going across the room little too fast and want to slow them down a little… I am thinking that maybe they are going faster than I want because I changed the frame poses every 5 frames… I rendered at 24fps… am thinking I should do the pose changes every 10 seconds instead and this maybe will slow it a little…
Am I thinking right and if I am, can I change the poses to every 10 frames instead of every 5 without having to totally start over setting up the poses? If am not thinking right, how do I set it so they look like they are walking and not hurrying across the room… My animation has 80 frames and the video is 4 seconds long.
Would appreciate any tips someone can give me…as I learn this animation stuff… and I thank you so much in advance…
have a really good day
thank you
Barbara

you could bake the actions into an nla strip and adjust the speed of the nla strip. also, you can scale down groups of actions in the action editor. and if you want to change the timing of your whole scene, you can use the ‘map old - map new’ buttons, which to be honest i cannot remember where they are located.

Animation can also be slowed-down by animating the “time.” By default, a six-second animation would move through the animation cycle such that, three seconds in, it’s exactly halfway through. But you can, in fact, animate “the passage of time.”

And you really need to do it that way, while keeping the render frame-rate constant.

If you just want to slow down individual actions, you can go to the action editor or dope sheet, put your cursor at frame 1 or wherever your keyframes start, A-key to select all your keyframes, and type S-2 to double the scale of the actions.

EDIT: Yeah what they said :wink:

Thanks everyone… appreciate the help… I Have test file will try out and see what happens… appreciate all your help…
have a good day…
Barbara