Problem with particles emitting light. Different result on another machine.

Hello.
I’m new to Blender and 3D animation in general. I tried to make a short animation where the tank’s turret is lowered onto the tank’s hull and then welded. I followed Andrew Price tutorial about making sparks and basically copied it step by step into my animation.
The problem is that little spark particles are to weak or to small to light a scene at all. Even when going to radiculous values for light strength like 2000 dosen’t seem to do anything but make the particles extremely bright but the scene dosen’t get that much more light if any. If I make particles bigger they light the object well, but their size is simply to big. Is there a way to do something like: make light stronger without increasing particles brightnes? Make the light travel further without losing strength?
I also asked a friend to install blender and render the same frame as I did on his computer and the result were slightly better than on my machine.
I attached both screenshots from my and my friends render and the blend file. I tried to look for similar problems but the topics that I found did not solve the problem I have or were to complicated for a newbie like me.

Attachments

IS_6_blend_file.zip (1.71 MB)