Need Help Importing MP4 Video File

Hi, I need a bit of help, and I’m not sure where to look, so any direction would be much appreciated.

I wanted to edit some footage I recorded using a Roxio Game Cap HD Pro by bringing it into Blender.
When I do, the audio is imported fine, and it does bring the video in as well, but the video length is many times longer than the length of the audio track. It seems like the frame rate of the video track might be too low or something, but I’m not sure how to speed it up.

Thanks for any help in advance, and I apologize if this is the wrong area to post this, it just seemed like the most relevant place.

Hi, thanks to the mods for putting this in the proper area.
Sorry about that.

Also, I figured out how to change the FPS setting for the video, so the audio matches up now, but I can’t quite figure out how to export or render it out with the audio.
If I try using Render Animation, it just renders out a silent video file. More over, it will only render out to a .dvd format for some reason, even though I’ve tried using AVI Raw, AVI JPEG, and MPEG on the output section of the Render tab.

Hi Yinsho, you have to setup the frame rate in Blender match your video frame rate before you add you video file in the Video Sequence Editor.
Default in Blender is 24 fps.

Cheers, mib

Thanks gpaprmh, never noticed.

Cheers, mib

Hi, thanks for the responses mib2berlin and gpaprmh.
I think that, because of the delay on messages from needing to be approved before being posted, my second post may have been overlooked.

So I’m replying again with it quoted.
Thanks again for all help provided.

I wish the audio track was invisibly part of the video track. It just clutters the screen. I can’t see a need when I would ever want them “de-synchronized”. Sure we still need audio strips for music and SFX.

Select a preset in the settings for codec. These add audio muxed output. Then alter it to preferred codec.

Atom you can select both audio and video then meta them together.

Thanks, 3pointEdit. :3
I’ve got it now. And I’ve also got it exporting in .mp4 files instead of .DVD files. :smiley: