Dan R - Sketchbook

Hello everyone!

I’m going to start posting some of my miscellaneous renders and things here. I’m not too sure of the direction I’m heading, so there is no telling what I will end up with here.

Dan R

Attachments

Small project for the weekend challenge.

Clay.

Texture and materials.

Final image.

I never got around to attaching it’s eighth leg…

Poor septepus…

These are cool! I’m likin’ the style!

ahahaha so cool!! keep posting! :smiley:

Cheers guys, here is something else I tried as a quick exercise.

Started with an extruded cube.

Added a couple of edge loops to get the basic form.

Added some additional edge loops to define the main details.

Went on to do some sculpting.

And, finally, some texture.

Updated the specular, much nicer.

really cool character!!

Love the texturing on the finger. Nice little exercise.

Yeah, it’s fun doing that sometimes! The finger looks great!

Learning ZBrush at the moment, here is a quick test character that was retopologised in Blender and rendered in Cycles.

i like the style a lot! :smiley:
imagine if you gave mr.candy cane an old rifle :wink:

Thanks! I have been tempted to do a few wartime flashback scenes with him for an animation. Render times are the only thing stopping me at the moment (incompatible graphics card), though a friend did just get a beefy new graphics card… :eyebrowlift2:

Also, here is a wire of the alien bust.

I’ve visited your site; You work on special style which i really like it :slight_smile:
Keep that way! All are awesome, nice and cool renders.
Waiting for your future works :slight_smile:

Did you create The “Dissolving spheres” in blender?!

cute and creepy stuff at the same time. keep em coming!

Thanks guys!

Yep, it was a pain getting all the settings to loop properly (I should probably have used drivers), but it works well enough.

Here is some more ZBrush tinkering (starting to get the hand of how to use it), and retopo practice in Blender.

Once I’m more competent, it will be time to attempt something a bit more complex and detailed!

Was reading the “How do u model dem shapes?” thread on Polycount, which is filled with so much useful information and tips regarding hard surface sub-d modeling. I have been trying to model some of th objects and challenges that have been uploaded.

I like your clean cut style Dan. You have some really nice topology skills too.

Thanks for that link, I could use an update on my subd/hard surface skills as well. You certainly seem to catch on quickly. Mind if I ask you what page you started reading?