Pug sculpt

Hello peeps!

It’s been years since I posted on the forum! But I haven’t stopped using blender! So here is a little sculpt WIP for ya!

CURRENT:

Attachments

I love pugs, be watching this

I’ve started to work on the most important part. The face…

Been swamped at work so I haven’t had a chance to work on it much. But, here’s a little update anyways.

created a lighting setup and added some eyes. Did a little bit more sculpting but I got bored.

done some more sculpting

Lookin good! I also love pugs. They’re strange like me.

Reshaped the eyes and some other minor things. Should I stick with the new wider and bigger eyes? Or go back to what I had before?

I think its a personal preference in this case because I have seen pugs with both of those kinds of eyes before. The wider eyes make it seem a bit goofy and they are what I picture when I think of a pug. But either way I think they should definitely stay the bigger size.

I have taken your advice and here is the progress so far.

I’m gonna smush his little face when I’m done so all of his face folds aren’t unnaturally symmetrical. But, for now the mirror sculpting stays on. Also on a side, I used blenders new dyntopo feature to make the ears… and wow blender has come a long way in the 8+ years I’ve been using it. I remember when sculpt mode didn’t exist man!

Looking really good!

I needed to set up the composition of the scene to make sure I don’t spend hours working on parts that will never be seen.

I’m sure your getting the idea now!
The helmet and shuttle are models from the nasa website. The shuttle model does its job in this case, but, I’m not convinced of the helmet just yet.
I guess I’ll just use it as a place holder for now.

Added some textures and added some hair to get a better feel

This is with and without the particle system. Something just feels a bit too CG-ish. Looks like the fur might be too dark.

Is there a way to sort of “brighten” the hair strands other than changing the texture color?

Great work!

Some more work done.

bunch of little things changed. Also realigned the camera so the face is the center piece.

Also to be noted his name tag says “ACE GUNPIN” which is an anagram for “PUG CANINE”

Changed the camera angle, and lighting. added some minor things like the plastic pocket with a bisket inside.

So I compacted the composition and added a few bump maps.
For some reason the bump map has thrown off the shading on the suit. Giving it a sharp specularity. Not sure why But I’ll most likely fix it in gimp for the final image.

Ha. Anagrams AND tiny canine space booties…awesome. Very neat stuff. How many particles/children were needed for that fur?