Home design WIP

Hey everyone!! So I’ve only just joined BA but have been learning blender a little longer than a year and a half. So I work at a home design company, working on the website for our asset sales online, but I also work on 2d floor planes and elevations on occasion. I decided to build one of our house plans in blender without the 3dx export (which would be too easy) from our cad software (Softplan). So I’ll just update my progress as I go. Any comments and tips are totally welcome!

22/10/14

Caption 1: This first stage I took my inspiration for my workflow from Blender For Noobs to first begin with the exterior and interior walls. Unfortunately, blender doesn’t quite have the smooth workflow like Softplan for making floor plans, but with the help of the Addon “Smart Two Edges intersect tool” (which is like the fillet and extend tool in Softplan), the process went faster.

23/10/14

Caption 2: After completing the layout for the walls, openings, and casements , I extruded it to add the height. Not all the openings are completed yet, but the process is quite simple. I think once all my openings are in place, my next step would be to add the doors, windows, arches, and ceiling heights. After that my next step I think will be the roof system which will then be followed by the front and rear covered porch and deck.

Welcome to the forum. I’ll look forward to watching your progress on this. I’m currently doing a large interior arch viz WIP. Hopefully I can pick up some good tips from this thread.

I’ve never heard of the add on you mentioned “Smart Two Edges intersect tool” I’d like to learn more about it… do you by any chance have a link on where to get it?

Here’s the link to the Smart Two Edges intersect tool. It can’t be found in the addons list in the settings, but I found it will searching for an addon with a fillet/extend function.

Thank you for posting the link. I was just wondering where are you finding yourself using it commonly in archviz?