Asset creation question

Hi everyone… i’ve modeled a simple box, then sculpted some detail on it.
Now i’d like to create a game asset from it but i’m stuck on what to do next, i guess i’ve readed too much and ended up confusing myself…
I’ve tried modeling a simple 6 faces box, unwrap then add loopcuts via Ctrl+R (if you dont slide them, uv’s dont breake) then deleting unnecesary loopcuts wich also conserves uv’s… my intention is to create 3 LOD’s, the 6 faces being LOD2, add some detail to get LOD1, then add more to get LOD0. Here’s where i’ve been stuck for days because i’m not sure on what to do next.
How should i retopologize ? so far i have’nt got a good result from shrinkwrap and i’m trying to get a faster method than creating them manually because i have little spare time.
Did i started right ? How should i continue ?

retopology breakdown:
place your vertex, or vertexes in front of your model, then press the button on the main header that looks like a magnet.
In the options to the immediate right of that button, set it to ‘face’.
more buttons will now appear just to the right. press the one that looks like a square in front of a circle.
you can retopo at this point. if you move the vertexes, they will snap to the model surface underneath.
but in order to see things better, you should go into object buttons >> display settings >> x-ray
then, in your 3D window, while in edit mode, press N for a whole new set of buttons, and find the one that says ‘hidden wire’ in the shading panel.

unwrap then add loopcuts via Ctrl+R (if you dont slide them, uv’s dont breake)
UVs don’t ‘break’ if you enable the ‘Correct UVs’ option in the Loop Cut and Slide options. You can enable this by default by in the User Preferences / Input in its shortcut options

Thank you both for the comeback !
Modron, that’s what i was doing to “manually” retopologize exept for the x-ray… face the direction wich i want the vertex to follow, then “G > right click > enter” but since i plan on doing quite a few assets it didn’t seemed productive… maybe it is the best fast/accuracy tradeoff and i’m just asking too much !
Richard ! thanks ! i didn’t knew that ! it’s surely going to save quite a lot of time ! i was subdividing in halves until getting the desired distance, then erasing the residuals… :smiley: