Blender Conference 2014 I offer my services and need a place to sleep

Hi

Just like every year since the Blender Conference in Amsterdam started, I’ll be there.

I barely managed to get the tickets as cheaply as possible (arrival thursday, departure monday morning), but I have no money to stay at a youth hostel. I literally do this yourney with about 90 cents of pocket money. I just can’t not go. I haven’t missed one conference ever. I’m one of the three dinos. It’s conference or bust. 4 nights without sleep is of course a bit challenging. Please prevent me from becoming the conference zombie.

So this 40 xear old media designer and Blender teacher is looking for:

Small Blender jobs of any kind.
-modelling,
-teaching and video tutorials would be good. I teach Blender since 2005 and I use Blender since 2001
-Animation is possible.
-While i’m not a professional coder, I can still produce code that works.

Or a place to stay in exchange for Blender training. Or washing the dishes for that matter ( :

Please help me out. I’ll arrive on thursday and I’ll try to find a hotspot for my netbook. You can also reach me under 0174 / 800 20 18 (german mobile phone, so the 0 might make way for 049)

Bottom line is: I don’t want to beg, I want to trade. Please find something for me to make your life better, easier, more fun. The goal is 100 euros. That’ll pay 4 nights of hostel.

I’ll bring my eeepc along, therefore I’m game to do some Blender work.

Cheers

Haunt

Ok, half of the travel is done. Seems a bit like I’ll start the conference with 30 hours without sleep. My personal record is 50, but that was 20 years ago. Ah, what the heck. I’m one of the three remaining people who were at every conference. So it’s still worth it.

Does anybody know a free hotspot somewhere around de Waag or de Balie?

Cheers
Haunt

yay, it’s 5:30 a.m. and the first night of four is done. I even found a place to sleep…of sorts. Let’s just say I am quite grateful it just rained a little cause I didnt bring a tarp. I might improvise something. Doesn’t happen often that I start paying attention to weather reports. The Dino has made it one more time.

Cheers

Haunt

Improvising a tarp might be a good idea, although the weather reports seem promising.

Jonathans retopology tools made me draw a very big smilie ( :
Very cool stuff!

In a van down by the rivah

I totally missed it! Im a blender nub and I do live in amsterdam, infact near the Bali
I expect allot of people next year wanting to crash =)

Perhaps there should be something more formal for this next year, or at least a stickied thread!

Ton was attacked. He’s safe though.