My first car model and I can't find a tutorial on this

I was wondering, am I suppose to outline were the side panels and stuff meet cut that out and is the thickness from a solidifier suppose to kind of feel in the gap? also, I cant seem to get the engine hood right.

I also seem to have the biggest issue keeping my vertices align and straight, I don’t know why? I do change my axis to local when I move my vertices up, down and sideways and use global for moving the vertices inward say to the car door reference. is this a rookie thing or am I just bad at alignment just like I’m bad at my grammar. lol

the crease between the panels seems kind of thick? a big gap

I tried modeling my way in sections instead of extruding from one mesh and I don;t know what is but I do better and my topology looks better. is this a rookie thing or anybody had these issues before in keeping there vertices align and straight? I do use local or world and then switch to normal to pull my vertices up, down or to the side and use global to pull in to the car say the side door from the top. so I think my axis is right.

Look for jonathan’s modeling porsche 911 gt3… best car modeling tut out there…

I’ll look for it, if I can get info on how I am moving these vertices just inwards or outwards just enough to cause dents in my mesh an how to fix this, I can really start modeling projects I want to do. I mean I followed tutorials used the global axis and used normal axis to move my vertices, up, down still, little dents in my topology. that’s why I included these pictures. I still haven’t found anybody who knew what I was doing wrong.

I think I figured it out ,what do you guys think? , it inst a axis issue but how, I am moving my vertices separately to a edge of a side panel that inst straight . so do I move all my vertices at once in certain areas to fix this? but I see people all the time move one vertices at a time in tutorials and don’t have this issues.

I figured i tout. I wasnt using edge restraint when I slide my vertices across