Uniform Bevel Width Across All Edges?

I’m doing some hard surface modeling practice, and I’ve hit a snag where I can’t figure out how to bevel the edges of my geometry so that all the bevels are the same width, regardless of the angles of the two faces they connect. I’ve tried using edge bevel weights on different edges, and tested different combinations of width and limit methods for beveling, but I can’t seem to create what I’m trying to achieve.

So, I’m kind of stumped, here. The only other option that comes to mind is to do all the beveling with manually placed edge loops, but that’s a tedious process and not particularly forgiving or accurate in a lot of situations.

What I’m trying to get to are bevels like the ones on the corners of this crate, where they’re all a uniform width along all the edges, rather than like this, which is what I’m looking at right now:

Any solutions or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

This is from your screenshot:

Non-uniform, unapplied scale = non-uniform bevel (…and other inconsistencies while modeling, UV unwrapping etc.).
Ctrl-A > Scale and Robert is your uncle.

Rule of thumb: While modeling the scale values must always be 1.0/1.0/1.0.

Oh… Huh. Never even occurred to me… Well there you go- that solved it. You learn something new every day. Thanks!