Compositing and textures sizes

I found out the effect I want to learn in composting which is called the color grading for the mood setting. so if color correction fixes textures, I know the more pixels the better the image is but, I am now hearing 72 and 300 dpi isnt the highest but the minimum for our screens that we use, besides the 4k tvs, it can go up to 1600 to 4000 and more dpi Then I read something about 16 million colors creates a better image like the 4k tv’s . so I was wondering, how would I create a very good image for textures. is it the 32 bit instead of 8 and 16 compression size compared to a jpeg, png , targa to a ext file or something like that, is that the highest?? I may be lost just saying that.lol anyway I was reading a article about how the movies like The Hobbit and Prometheus have all these millions of colors colors and that’s what creates really good textures and screen clarity and also, it gives you more composting color advantages I guess. I just don’t know where to start in what all this is called. SRGB, 32 bit pixel images? . Photoshop only goes over increasing image resolution and filters to sharpen and do high pass filter and so on. I figured if I can understand this, I could understand what you can do and how color correction and color grade will effect your post processing renders of your animation correct?

I am messing around with UDK so maybe that might help me understand textures and layers combined with Blender and Photoshop.

I read this and I’m all confused on what creates good textures, camera lens or the file for the image and for frames per second, I thought we use 24- 30 frames per second, in this article it says 48, wouldn’t things be moving very fast or skipping frames?

http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2012/12/19/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-masterclass-in-why-hfr-fails-and-a-reaffirmation-of-what-makes-cinema-magical/