The one ring

Hello all!
Here is “my precious” very first project made with blender, and my first post in blenderartist.
It’s a very simple model, I tried to concentrate on texturing.
I hope you’ll like it!
Rendered with Cycles. Final retouching in Photoshop (film grain and few color corrections).

1 Like

Amazing work for your first project!

Very impressive for a first project! Keep up the good work, you seem to have a lot of talent!

I think the bump map for the wood might be a little to strong, but other than that, I can’t really find anything to nit-pick at.

I really like the glow effect of the words! What does the ring say in English?

looks good! Got some pretty sweet detail going on.

Awesome! I am a huge LOTR fan myself. Also do you have previous experience with any other 3D software? Because you seem rather experienced.

Nice work!

Very nice! One of the best render’s I’ve seen in a while. Finally, someone who adds a bit of grain back into their image. :slight_smile:

I wanted to create a sort of old aged wood, deeply scratched. This is the reason for the strong bump map, but thank you for the advice! Maybe a darker color of the wood should have do the job?

If i remember well it means: “One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them all, one ring to bring them all…”

I haven’t any experience with 3D software outside Blender. Actually I more into Photography. I discovered blender few weeks ago and I studied some very well made Andrew Priece’s turorials… This is the fisrt project without someone telling me what to do. :wink:
I can’t belive that Blender is a free software! It’s an amazing program!

I’m afraid I have a soft spot for grain. Sometimes I still snaps black and white film photos… :eyebrowlift:

one ring to rule them… one ring to find them… one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them …hehe… thats what it says…

awesome render it,s looks like the movie and the writeing light is nice do you have the blend file so i can do like it

Really nice! I love the DOF :slight_smile:

The wood is perfect :slight_smile:

Looks really fantastic, but the ring in the movie had no cracks/dents, also I believe it was a bit more broad.

One of the best One Rings renders I’ve seen! You should seriously do a youtube tutorial on this. I’d love to see how you made it!
My first project was this. :frowning:

Attachments