what is your usal setup for blender?

single monitor? double monitor(if yes, which configuration?)
on a flat chair? comfy chair? crude chair?
mouse and keyboard only?( anything extra? ie, the movement ball, or a graphic tablet)

i’m just wondering how ergonomically blender is posed at, since it’s still a very important aspect of a program, especially a program when you would need to spend hours upon hours to complete

I just got another monitor for a two monitor setup. It’s very nice, I put Blender on one monitor and then on the other have reference images, tutorials, and/or documentation.

I have an office chair, it’s comfy.

I use a mouse and keyboard. I have a tablet but I usually use it with 3D-Coat, although it should work great with Blender too.

i have two monitors. usually i have blender on the main, and anything else (browser, reference, irc, etc) on the auxiliary monitor. i also have bought a height-adjustable table so i can sit or stand (thought if i’m spending a big part of my life in front of a monitor, it’s better to stand, than to sit). it cost a few hundred and may seem overly luxurious, however i think my back will be greatful when i’m old. apart from that i have a cheap 3 button mouse and an ordinary keyboard. incase i do sit, i have a chair that is medium comfy, it’s a bit old. i do have a graphic tablet, but only use it when i’m really painting something (or sculpting i guess, but i’ havent sculpted so far).

i think modeling is quite ergonomic as you can use a lot of shortcuts and therefore use both hands. with my mouse hand i occasionally switch to the num block. works pretty well though. UI wise i think the properties region and the tools- and properties-shelf in the 3dview are quite cluttered. even more when you have several addons installed.

but as the user is free to rearrange the UI the way he wants, one can do an individual and ergonomic workflow even ui wise.

A beast of a laptop (octocore), a wacom stylus, a mouse, a keyboard (but no joystick yet).
Cup of thee or lemonade, a normal chair, and firefox with youtube or blender-wiki :slight_smile:
Only when using the wacom i dont like to type commands.
Probaply i could program some blender keys into the wacom intuos4, but… i never did
At those moments i realize that designing shouldnt be about shortcuts, key combo’s etc - but i get used to it
The only problem is that when after a while one uses office or so, then suddenly CTRL + ALT + Z doesnt work anymore > bug report :slight_smile: