Weird Neck muscle Venom alien sculpt

Yo guys whats up, from time to time blenders organic modelling hooked me up and i tried some base sculpting out of a cube.

That’s my current progress :smiley:

Ofc this one is not a human in any way, the neck muscle is simply to outstanding to be part of a human :eyebrowlift:

But i have some questions though about some brushes and their functions :

1. What is the difference between the Polish and Smooth brush ? didnt noticed a difference at all, even when they are showing kind of different pictures in the brush menu.
  2. I dont really unerstand how i can make like “holes” into the mesh with standard brushes like the simple brush or clay brush. I see there is a option for like inverting the brush but since i watched some tutorials, i never see the pr0fessionals switching between this mode.
  3. how the heck can i make these eyes look more sexy ?!

Thats for the first, im hoping for atleast 69 replies, since im really up to get this organic modelling down.
And as always, thanks for watching.

for the draw brush, and some other brushes, there is an ‘add’ and a ‘subtract’ setting. subtract for making holes, add for making bumps. for your eyes, think about how an eye is a ball in a socket. start by making the borders of the socket, then sculpt in the ball part.

Here is the first reply !
Edit : second post =P

IMO polish is more used to flattened a surface like in mechanical/robotic/car stuff.
Smooth is like… smoothing lol

Soon you will be able to have fun with holes :wink:

For now you can just play with the + or - force with standard brushes

Good luck !

You got an idea which hotkey is used to switch between the 2 modes ?
Somehow Blender isnt giving me much information or im just retarded.

Thanks for the reply though, guys <33333333333333333333333333333

Little update here :

Got some more muscle shapes for the neck and stuff and im about to go for the face right now.
So this is how it looks right now :smiley:

Also spend more time for making the eyes incredibly more sexy than ever.

I appreciate any critic/compliment for the current shape and would love some improvement suggetions though.

By the way, do someone have learned to sculpt a face throughout a tutorial ? I really need some advice in this particular point, since i tried some sculpt for the face minutes ago and it looks just terrible :evilgrin:

I think the sculpt could use a little more depth, everything seems a bit flat at the moment. Don’t be afraid to overdo it, you can always make a new save file to test things out.

The hat tells me this is going to be one classy dude :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree, it really is completly flat at the moment, but im just trying to imagine if this muscle segments aren’t to much right now, since it looks alot more like plastic then human, u know.

But im curious what kind of face i could give this dude. My mind tells me for some kind of fancy mouth band, so the viewer can imaginate for themselves how the full face looks like, well … if i get this down :yes:

To reply to the classy dude : Yeah u got my point. I want to create this sneaky thief guy with charm to people. Something like Sly, but instead he is a venom alien weird muscle neck sculpt thing with some flat as heck muscles :smiley:

Yo guys whatcha whatcha whats uuup
Got some more updated material for you.

I tried some professional heavy serious business face first time virgin sculpting aaand this is what i ended with :

What do you guys think about it ? I have to admit that the model isnt looking quite that amazing, i would appreciate any suggetions on going for better face contours though.
Thanks guys :cool: