A fantasy advertisement for Bic pens

I made a Bic pen the other day and found myself playing around* with different materials than the usual plastic ones. Got the idea to make an advertisement I’d like to see.

It’s nothing fancy but rather a simple kind of animation. Perhaps a bit heavy on the text.

Completely made in blender. I have tried the VSE briefly before but never really managed to make anything. So I consider this my first blender animation.

Happy to hear comments, both positive and negative.

*=

i like the idea of the pen and the realization. i do have some criticisms though, if you want them:

• the timing is off, i wasnt able to read all the text snippets in time. also the animations seem to be a little quick and the logo at the end is just visible very very short.
  • too much text maybe? maybe, there’s a possibility to convey the same message in less text? like this, the video consists mostly of text.

:slight_smile:

Words are too fast and there are too many.
This ad would need to be shortened.

For a commercial about pens you don’t really see the pen much. And indeed, too much reading to do in too short a time.
The pen itself looks great though.

Thanks. I definitely want criticism. I love to get me some criticism. :slight_smile:
I had a feeling that some stuff was off in the video. Your points made it more clear, so I mos def appreciate it.

Yes, I agree.
At first It was much longer though. The “monologue” was like a essay at first. Cut a lot out. But I should have continued some more cutting out and also simplified it to make it easier to understand/read.
Thanks!

Yes, that is true. It’s like two seconds of pen action out of 56. I blame a desperate need to see the video done and ready and an impatience with rendering. I got the idea some days before and wanted it finished quickly. (I have had a hard time finishing my personal projects, so I just hurried my ass off to get it “done” before I lost interest and started doing something else) :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks!