I need a prototype made for kickstarter.

I am currently in the process of making a kickstarter page and I need a prototype to show donators the design I have in mind. The project is going to be a helmet that allows the player to move in the game more naturally and allow controls to be more realistic. I don’t have any funds at the moment to pay for the prototype but I will be able to pay if the kickstarter is successful.

The design I need will be a helmet with a microphone that is flush with the right side of the helmet, but slides out in front of the mouth when it is on. It will also have an open face with a locking mechanism to hold an oculus rift in place if the player decides to use both devices. In order to read the players movements it will have EEG electrodes built into the top and it will need space for all of the electronics required, as well as having certain plugs built in to the side and headphones built in. The main difficulty for this project would easily be that it must be a technical design but it can not be photo realistic. After this prototype is made and the kickstarter is successful we will be designing a small game to go along, making it likely that this will possibly be a long term job if you are willing.Please contact me by e-mail at [email protected] or post on this thread for more information or if you are interested.

As a recommendation… if you are looking to start a kickstarter you should have something more tangible to show and make people feel that is something they can trust… right now as you put it, you just have an idea with some technical solutions… and people could feel that you are trying to fool them and just take their money… you are asking people for money, so you need to make sure that they feel that they are not betting, they need to feel that they are putting their money in something they will see… the same thing is applied here… i get that you wouldn’t want your idea, design or technical drawings get stolen… but at least give something so that people here feel exited to work on this project… just saying… good luck

I will try to describe the layout as best as I can but unfortunately I am not very artistic. As stated above it will be a helmet with a slide out microphone on the right side. The inside of the helmet will have electrodes in the positions shown in this image (symmetrical on both sides)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]340487[/ATTACH]
To hold the electrodes in place and allow for comfort there will be two layers of foam between the head and the plastic of the helmet, the one against the head being softer and the other being more firm. There will also need to be sockets somewhere in the helmet for multiple plugs (One for power, One for usb, a slot for an sd card and one to connect to a host computer). As well as that there will be a built in headset with interchangable ear cups, a cavity between the top of the helmet and the plastic closest to the head for a circuit board and every piece would need to be modeled in a way that it can be 3d printed and assembled. The front of the helmet will be left open but have a locking mechanism to hold an oculus rift without the headband because the headband would get in the way of the electrodes.
Hopefully this is clear enough for a basic concept but if more information is required just let me know.

If you are interested but a full model is beyond your available time frame, I would still be able to start with just a base model designed based on my previous post.

have you GOT the tech to make the electrodes work??

The theory behind all of the components is solid. The only thing stopping the progression of this device is the prototype. In order to make a prototype I need funds and in order to receive funds I need a visual to show investors.

I would appreciate even a basic 3d model to begin with if anyone is willing to make one for me. I feel I have explained my idea sufficiently enough.