Fear

Inspired by a spontaneous idea that thoughtfully made its way into my consciousness on a random day.

More info at http://bit.ly/1vF7etQ

Thanks for viewing and I’d love to hear what you think. :slight_smile:

• Reyn

UPDATE:

Making Of video:

Great render, it looks like a photo

I like this More macro styled stuff please :slight_smile:

Simple, elegant and very well rendered. Congrats on it.

I already recognise your style… congratulation for the post in blender guru. love you works! keep producing them

Simple But Powerfull, i love it!!

Love the story, great job!

Another great piece to add to your collection! Could I ask how did you do the single strand(s) of spiderweb?

Thanks!

The strands are edges with the Skin Modifier. Depending on the scale of the scene, you might need to shrink it down by using the CTRL-A function. :slight_smile:

Good job, as your others! The background is image or geometry?

nah cheating is not allowed in here… no photographs plz… :stuck_out_tongue: hahaa nice piece of work reynante… :yes:

-Nita

www.weybec.com

Hi, Mik. It’s a high-res HDR image.

:wink:

Thanks, Nita. I’m very glad you like it.

• Reyn

Thanks for the explanation on how you did the spider web strands. I don’t think I have ever used this modifier before, nice to know a new use for it.

Extremely realistic! However, I did not notice the insect until I watched the “making of” video. Maybe make the focus a little more prominent next time, if that indeed was the focus.

Great work Reyn, this is amazing, seriously.

The spider web strands are a really nice touch - I’ve been meaning to make an add-on that does that for you, one day perhaps!

The only thing that feels a bit off (after staring at it for a while…) is the metal material… it feels… translucent? As if the light is bleeding through from the back.

And maaaaaybe you could have subdivided it a bit more and increased the displacement, but that’s so minor.

This one’s really impressive Sir Reyn :wink: I love it.

Hey! Thank you, Greg.

I am wondering what features the Addon you’re planing would have that isn’t currently in Blender’s modifiers though - I’m excited. :slight_smile:

The mesh has been heavily subdivided though. I suspect it’s probably the glossy amount that’s somehow indicative of the translucent behavior.

Thanks again, mate.

• Reyn

I Love your Work…Well Done

Its amazing how great a simple idea can look and how much emotion can be conveyed.

It’s interesting but to me it doesn’t make sense. Are those supposed to be branches cause they don’t do that in nature.

Great piece! I love it.
Thanks for posting in super hi-def for those of us who could use a change of wallpaper. :slight_smile:
I’m not sure the scale between the ladybug and the barbed wire is accurate. But I won’t let that get in the way of my enjoyment.
Keep it up!