iPad Mini 3 WIP

This is just making the model and materials, I have no set scene to put it in yet, but I will eventually. So I have the materials and most of the modelling done with a few things missing. I’m still thinking of how to add the lock button and volume controls, and I have an idea of how to add the cameras, but they are not added yet.

Welcome any and all suggestions and/or critiquing on the model/materials. There is no scene and its just basic lights so I don’t need critiquing in that area :slight_smile:

I used actual dimensions of the iPad mini 3 on the apple website and used their images as references in the materials, but the corners, I feel, may be off. Any suggestions?

It’s missing the holes under the button, that’s a interesting modeling practice :smiley: ; then not sure but seems like the bottom corners are a bit “smoother”.

Noticed the Touch ID was too small and not the right color and changed the smoothness of the corners. Also added the holes on the bottom (still working on buttons)

Also modeled a magnetic case, and am working on a particle system for the case (because the underside is “hairy”)

Changed corners, because I noticed that as well. I’m still working on the Buttons (lock and volume) but I’ve added the bottom holes (:

I have an idea of what I’d like to do. A cold day and reading. (I really want to get the cold feel of it to give shivers) and If you have any suggestions, I’d love them.

Start of scene:

I think that both the thickness and the length of the hair on the cover need to be turned down, it seems a bit too hairy right now, but the modelling of the actual cover and clip looks great.
Other than that it looks really fantastic with solid modelling.
Good luck with the winter scene.